Saturday 22 February 2014

Solve Problems with Music

I've been suffering from the February Blahs lately.



Sometimes, I use music to stoke the sadness, to let it all hang out. I guess it helps me to have a reason to cry and grieve when I'm really just feeling sad for no reason.

Sometimes, I use music to lift myself out of the sadness, to make myself forget about the gloom and rise into happiness.

This is common. We use music to enhance our mood or to change our mood.

I work out much better when the music is good. And, I use music to help me clean and wash the dishes. It helps! I use music to calm myself down in traffic.

How do you use music?

I found this article on Mental Floss about some really interesting studies done on uses for music. It's called 11 Problems Music Can Solve.

Here are the problems that music has solved according to the article:

  1. Low birth weight
  2. Droopy plants
  3. Effects of brain damage
  4. Teen loitering
  5. Hearing loss
  6. A broken heart
  7. Poor performance in sports
  8. Grumpy teens
  9. Illiteracy
  10. Sluggish alcohol sales
  11. Wine snobbery
You'll want to read it yourself to find out the details. 


No comments:

Post a Comment